Human Resources Business Partner
Reporting to the Manager, HR Client Services and Support Staff Relations, the HR Business Partner will function collaboratively as a member of the Human Resources team by providing the full range of HR services to an assigned client group. While the HR Business Partner will be the first point of contact for clients on employee and labour relations, strategic workforce planning and performance management, the position also requires the incumbent to take an active leadership role in assisting managers with job descriptions and evaluations, recruitment and selection, absence management and return to work. In addition, the HR Business Partner will lead or contribute to HR Client Services projects which may include implementing employee and labour relations best practices, policy and practice development, or other initiatives from an integrated equity, diversity and inclusion lens/framework from within the Human Resources department.
We are looking for someone with deep and broad HR experience that can provide guidance and counsel on a range of issues both directly as well as part of a broader HR strategic discussion. This individual must have strong experience with leveraging a robust HRIS tool to deliver in-depth reporting and analytics on a range of issues impacting a number of client groups and to work with line and senior leaders to devise strategies and specific tools to leverage this reporting to foster growth, process and performance improvement and to increase the ease of work and employee engagement.
The incumbent will serve a group of clients by providing HR services, proactive advice and guidance and participate in various HR processes and initiatives for the client group. The HR Business Partner will provide expertise to HR Services’ initiatives. This may include identified labour relations, policy, practice, response to new legislation or new Collective Agreement requirements, or any other department initiative.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and possess a CHRL designation (or in progress). A minimum of 5 years’ progressive HR generalist experience with extensive labour relations is required. Well-developed consulting and relationship management skills to discover, understand and anticipate the assigned clients’ business needs and manage clients’ expectations is a must.
Additional qualifications and experience include:
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• An analytical approach to problem solving including data analysis.
• Superior facilitation, negotiation and organization skills and a strong understanding of HR best practices with respect to service delivery.
• An ability to excel in a team-based environment, where achievement of deliverables requires effective communication and follow-through.
• A proven ability to work with sensitive/confidential information. The successful candidate must have the ability to approach their work with a focus on equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Experience working in higher education will be considered an asset.
Manager, Clients Services/Support Staff Relations
Humber North Campus
To Be Determined
Apply to this Job