BlackNorth Initiative CEO Pledge
Humber proudly endorsed
the BlackNorth Initiative and signed the CEO Pledge.
Through endorsing the BlackNorth Initiative, Humber commits to the removal of anti-Black systemic barriers negatively affecting the lives of Black Canadians.
The BlackNorth Initiative CEO Pledge goals are:
- Working through the BlackNorth Initiative, we will increase our efforts to make our workplaces trusting places to have complex, and sometimes difficult conversations about anti-Black systemic racism and ensure that no barriers exist to prevent Black employees from advancing within the company.
- Working through the BlackNorth Initiative, we will implement or expand unconscious bias and anti- racism education.
- We will share best—and unsuccessful—practices.
- We will create and share strategic inclusion and diversity plans with our board of directors.
- We will use our resources to work with members of the Black community through the BlackNorth Initiative.
- We will engage Canada’s corporate governance framework.
- We will create the conditions for success.
Humber's EDI Implementation Plan incorporates the goals of the BlackNorth Initiative CEO Pledge. For information on Humber’s EDI Implementation Plan, please
visit the EDI
Taskforce website. To view Humber's signed endorsement of the BlackNorth Initiative CEO Pledge, please click here.