Decorating the office for the holiday season?
Festive decorations help to brighten the office and bring holiday cheer. Here are a few tips to make sure this special time of year is fun and safe for everyone:
- use a proper step stool or ladder to hang ornaments or decorate the tree
- watch the placement of electrical cords; even Santa’s elves avoid creating trip hazards
- don’t “daisy chain” electrical cords together or overload outlets
- ensure wreaths, ornaments and other trimmings do not cover emergency exit signs or block access to fire hose cabinets/fire extinguishers etc.
- remember to unplug tree lights before leaving for the day!
Health and Safety Services would like to wish everyone a happy, healthy and safe holiday season!